Saturday, November 10, 2012

Pasonanca Park

The Boys Scout Camp

The Famous Pasonanca Tree House

from left: Omar and Lucky (my nephews) posing underneath the tree house last summer
The construction of the park started in 1912 by the Governor of Moro Province- General John J. Pershing and completed during Governor Frank W. Carpenter's administration. The park is composed of several activity areas- a separated campsites for both males and females, an amphitheater, a convention center, and other useful facilities. 

I really can't remember my last visit in this park, I guess I'm 10 years old that time during my last visit. As I know, the park has already a mini zoo and is considered to be the best place in Zamboanga City to have picnic since a lot of towering old trees are surrounding the park that gives much shaded area. Pasonanca park is also rich in flora- wild flowers, orchids, ferns and wild shrubs. 

No comments:

Post a Comment