Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Queen of the Fruits



This is an unripe Mangosteen still hanging on its twig


Mangosteen is now in season in the city. It costs about 200 per kilo, but mind you, the price can go down up to 150 pesos if you know how to make "tawad". Anyway, Mangosteen is one of my favorite fruit. It's so juicy and I really love its taste. I'm like eating a nectar with a bit of sour taste. By the way, when handling Mangosteen fruit, it is advisable not to drop it as it easily might get bruised. When dropped, Mangosteen should be eaten immediately. 

My mother use to plant 2 Mangosteen tree in our backyard in the province. I hope to taste one of its fruit in the future. heheheh. I don't know why Mangosteen is dubbed as the "Queen of the Fruits". My guess is that, it's like a Queen that exquisitely ripens during the love month. hahahah. Well, that's just a guess. I badly wanted to eat Mangosteen, but here in Manila, expect the double pricing of the fruit vendors as they price it very, very, very high. ;)  

No comments:

Post a Comment