Sunday, February 10, 2013

Drying of Seaweeds




YEAH! Believe me, I ask the same question too.......... "what would they do to that dried seaweed?" ahahahahahahahahah. Anyway, This 2 consecutive pictures are taken in Taluksangay, Zamboanga  City. Drying of seaweed, obviously, is the livelihood of the locals there. But seriously, what are they going to do with that dried seaweed? Got an idea? just a hint? just a bit of info? NONE! Well, I'll save the day, I'll answer the question, hahahahah... essentially, some of them are made to become food, yeah, you heared it right, as food, some are for decorations or just display in houses. I hope you know what "Nori" is? the blackish-green one that is used to wrap sushi. yes, some seaweeds are dried and made as Nori. Dried seaweeds are also exported in some countries( I don't know what for). In addition, Zamboanga City is one of the big and key player in exporting seaweed here in the Philippines. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment